19 watts of
The Komet™ 19 is the touch sensitive, versatile amplifier. It is designed for practically any guitar playing style, whether using single coil or humbucking pickups. This little amplifier covers a multitude of tonal ranges from shimmering cleans and chime, to searing high gain lead crunch tones — all controllable from your guitar’s volume knob.
Play Komet 19 demo video (Part 1)
with harmonic content.
The Komet 19 is unlike any low-wattage amplifier you’ve played — extremely powerful, with rich harmonic layers and three dimensional sound. Its unique and proprietary “Thrust” control fine tunes the amplifier’s response to your guitar’s output and personal tonal preference. Lower settings allow for maximum clean headroom, while turning the Thrust up thickens the tone and increases harmonic distortion for a more saturated lead tone. It also helps anemic guitar pickups to drive the amplifier’s output stage into natural compression.
Play Komet 19 demo video (Part 2)
With 19 Watts of Komet power, The Komet 19 will not get lost in a band situation. Another facet of the Komet 19’s voicing is that is easy to record — it has been used in many major studios, and recording engineers always remark on how amazing it “goes to tape”. A three position bright switch allows the user to fine tune the amplifier’s treble content to their preference.
Conveniently light weight and portable, the Komet 19 is powered by a duet of cathode biased EL84 / 6BQ5 output tubes. The pre amp incorporates two 12AX7 tubes. Meticulously assembled with only the best sounding and most reliable parts.
“I want an amp to be fast and dynamic. I want to hear the note with multiple layers of harmonic complexity, giving a fat, euphonic, and lyrical tone. ...My goal is to make amps that make the soundtrack to people’s lives.”
‐ Ken Fischer, Trainwreck™ Circuits
Komet shares Ken Fischer’s ideal of what constitutes a great guitar amplifier. All Komet™ designs that followed the Komet 60 are based on what we have gleaned from Ken Fischer’s mentorship. Sadly, Ken Fischer passed in December of 2006. We miss his guidance, friendship and humor, and we are honored to be part of the Trainwreck lineage.
Komet™ amplifiers are hand-crafted and are available in a wide variety of cosmetics. Each model is available with its own set of customizations such as levant tolex, colored aluminum control panels, and even different Komet logo-plate options — all available from select Komet dealers around the world.
Craft your signature tone and customize your Komet with your own look to boot.
- Total Power
- 19 Watts RMS
- Power Tubes
- 2 - EL84 power tubes
- Preamplifier Tubes
- 2 - 12AX7 pre amp tubes
- Cathode biased
- Military grade 2 Watt potentiometers
- Volume, Saturation, Tone controls
- 4 - 8 - 16 Ohm selector
- Two parallel ouput jacks
- Custom proprietary designed transformers made in the U.S.A.
- Internally hand wired and meticulously assembled with the finest of components
- Silver tinned Teflon® wire - hand wired onto glass epoxy tag board
- All switches made by NKK®
- 1/8th" laser cut & welded aircraft grade aluminum welded chassis made here in Louisiana
- Components assembled and mounted with stainless steel screws, bolts, washers and nuts
- Head Format: 22.5" x 9" x 9" - made from Baltic birch ply - made in the U.S.A.
- Silver aluminum control panel
- Levant style tolex (custom order color options available)
- Weight: 38 lbs.
- 120V / 240V AC (internally hard wired)
- Completely built in U.S.A.