The Songwriter 30 was one of the the last Trainwreck® designs built by the legendary Kenneth Fischer. Due to his failing health, Ken was only able to build two of these magnificent hand wired amplifiers.
Play Songwriter 30 demo video
One of a kind
"Bree", one of the two original Trainwreck® Songwriter ampliifiers, was our reference build amplifier. Every new Songwriter 30 is meticulously hand built and voiced to "Bree's "signature sound. It's powered by a quartet of cathode biased EL84/6BQ5 output tubes. The pre amp incorporates two 12AX7 tubes. It's hand assembled and hand wired in Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA with only the best sounding and most reliable components.
No reverb, master volume, effects loop, foot switches, pull pots, transistors or chips anywhere. The chassis is solid aluminum — chosen for the very particular electrical properties that it possesses. Inside the chassis you won't find printed circuits, cotton/imitation cotton wire or fiber tag boards. We don't design with obsolete or questionable materials to "be in fashion."
Now available with tremolo
Komet® Amplification now offers the Songwriter model with a custom built tremolo circuit and an exotic wooden front and back panel. This circuit comprises both speed and depth controls, and a switchable on / off remote foot control. The front panel is mounted with a laser etched, stainless steel Komet logo. This tremolo circuit is only available in the Songwriter model at this time.
(Please note:) Effective January 2, 2017, the CITES appendices include “Dalbergia spp.” as well as the three Guibourtia species that are more commonly known as "Bubinga". All are currently listed under Appendix II. Komet Amplification can no longer produce the Tremolo Songwriter model with this endangered species wood. Komet Amplification is currently sourcing a new exotic front panel wood for the Tremolo Songwriter model.
- Total Power
- 33 Watts RMS
- Power Tubes
- 4 - EL84/6BQ5 power tubes
- Preamplifier Tubes
- 2 - 12AX7 pre amp tubes (3 - 12AX7 in Tremolo model)
- Cathode biased
- Three way bright switch
- Volume, Treble, Bass
- 4 - 8 - 16 - Ohm selector, two parallel outputs
- Custom proprietary designed transformers made in the U.S.A.
- Internally hand wired and meticulously assembled with the finest of components.
- Silver tinned Teflon® wire - hand wired onto glass epoxy tag board
- All switches made by NKK®
- 1/8th" laser cut aircraft grade aluminum welded chassis made here in Louisiana
- Maple front and back panel
- Components assembled and mounted with stainless steel screws, bolts, washers and nuts.
- 1/8th" laser cut & welded aircraft grade aluminum chassis made here in Louisiana.
- Black aluminum control panel
- Levant style tolex (custom order color options available)
- Weight: 30 lbs.
- 120V / 240V AC (internally hard wired)
- Head Format - birch ply construction & made in the U.S.A.
- Dimensions: 20 ⅝" W X 10" D X 9 ½" H
- Completely built in Baton Rouge, Lousiana - U.S.A.
Komet™ amplifiers are hand-crafted and are available in a wide variety of cosmetics. Each model is available with its own set of customizations such as levant tolex, colored aluminum control panels, and even different Komet logo-plate options — all available from select Komet dealers around the world.
Craft your signature tone and customize your Komet with your own look to boot.