The Vimana is the production model of our 2019 Limited Edition Silver Cloud model. It is comprised with the identical circuit of the Silver Cloud (including identical transformers, control panels, circuit boards and our locally made 1/8th" aircraft craft aluminium chassis) - only cosmetics set them apart.
The Vimana is designed for big, clear bottom end, complex midrange, and detailed, shimmery highs. To achieve this we employ a proprietary, wide bandwidth output transformer of massive size. There is no global negative feedback circuit in the Vimana. This allows for maximum harmonic complexity and touch response. The controls include a full tone stack with: Treble, Middle and Bass controls. In addition, there is a three position Bright switch and a global Hi-Cut control. The “TSB” (Tone Stack Bypass) control allows the player to gradually bypass the tone control section of the amp; while increasing gain, midrange and harmonic complexity.
A matched grade compliment of modern Genelex KT88 "Gold Lion" pentodes fuel the Vimana while giving you 54 Watts of surrounding, "auditorium" sound and power. The Vimana's two, KT88 power tubes are individually cathode biased and operate in true Class A "push-pull". This gives the Vimana a very tactile, smooth response to the player’s touch, while eliminating the need for adjusting bias current.
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order or for further information.
MSRP $4499 US
- Total Power
- 54 Watts RMS
- Power Tubes
- 2 - reissue Genelex "Gold Lion" KT88 power tubes
- Preamplifier Tubes
- 3 - 12AX7/ ECC83 pre amp tubes
- Volume TSB Treble Middle Bass Hi Cut
- TSB = (Tone Stack Bypass) bypasses the tone control section.
- Three position bright switch.
- 4 - 8 - 16 Ohm selector, two parallel outputs
- Internal solid state diode rectification.
- No global negative feedback.
- Class A operation "push-pull".
- Each tube is individually cathode biased - no bias adjustment necessary.
- Custom proprietary designed transformers made in the U.S.A.
- Proprietary, high bandwidth output transformer, massive size, weighing 18 lbs. alone.
- Internally hand wired and meticulously assembled with the finest of components.
- Silver tinned Teflon® wire - hand wired onto glass epoxy tag board.
- All switches made by NKK®
- 120V / 240V AC (internally hard wired)
- Components assembled and mounted with stainless steel screws, bolts, washers and nuts.
- 1/8th" laser cut & welded aircraft grade aluminum chassis made here in Louisiana.
- Levant style tolex (custom order color options available)
- Weight: 45 lbs.
- Head Format - birch ply construction & made in the U.S.A.
- Dimensions: 20 ⅝" W X 10" D X 9 ½" H
- Completely built in Baton Rouge, Lousiana - U.S.A.
Komet™ amplifiers are hand-crafted and are available in a wide variety of cosmetics. Each model is available with its own set of customizations such as levant tolex, colored aluminum control panels, and even different Komet logo-plate options — all available from select Komet dealers around the world.
Craft your signature tone and customize your Komet with your own look to boot.