The Ultimate EL34 Tyrant
Our lastest new offering based on our limited edition KT88 Silver Cloud. The V25 comprises identical controls as on our limited edition Silver Cloud and the current production Vimana model. As with this lineage - there is no global negative feedback circuit. This allows for maximum harmonic complexity and touch response. The controls include a full tone stack with: Treble, Middle and Bass controls. In addition, there is a three position Bright switch and a global Hi-Cut control. The “TSB” (Tone Stack Bypass) control allows the player to gradually bypass the tone control section of the amp; while increasing gain, midrange and harmonic complexity.
The addition of a three position voice / boost switch is added to the circuit allowing the player to push the V25's drive maximum forward. This switch selects different cathode bypass caps for the first gain stage. In the Middle position, there is no cap for most headroom and flat response. The Down position selects a cap that gives a Super Lead like upper mid boost, along with a boost in gain. The Up position provides the most gain, also while boosting the bass.
A matched grade compliment of EH EL34 power tubes fuel the amplifier giving you 25 Watts of sound and power. Keeping with this circuit's tradition, the power tubes are cathode biased and operate in true Class A "push-pull". This gives the V25 a smooth, power driven response to the player's touch, while eliminating the need for adjusting bias current.
Please contact us at: email@example.com to place an order or for further ordering information.
MSRP $4499 US
- Total Power
- 25 Watts RMS
- Power Tubes
- 2 - EH EL34 power tubes
- Preamplifier Tubes
- 3 - 12AX7/ ECC83 pre amp tubes
- Volume TSB Treble Middle Bass Hi Cut
- TSB = (Tone Stack Bypass) bypasses the tone control section.
- Three position bright switch.
- Three position Voice Boost switch.
- 4 - 8 - 16 Ohm selector, two parallel outputs
- Internal solid state diode rectification.
- No global negative feedback.
- Class A operation "push-pull".
- Each tube is individually cathode biased - no bias adjustment necessary.
- Custom proprietary designed transformers made in the U.S.A.
- Proprietary, high bandwidth output transformer.
- Internally hand wired and meticulously assembled with the finest of components.
- Silver tinned Teflon® wire - hand wired onto glass epoxy tag board.
- All switches made by NKK®
- 120V / 240V AC (internally hard wired)
- Components assembled and mounted with stainless steel screws, bolts, washers and nuts.
- 1/8th" laser cut & welded aircraft grade aluminum chassis made here in Louisiana.
- Carbon Fiber Tweed style tolex (custom order color options available)
- Weight: 33 lbs.
- Head Format - birch ply construction & made in the U.S.A.
- Dimensions: 20 ⅝" W X 10" D X 9 ½" H
- Completely built in Baton Rouge, Louisiana - U.S.A.
Komet™ amplifiers are hand-crafted and are available in a wide variety of cosmetics. Each model is available with its own set of customizations such as levant tolex, colored aluminum control panels, and even different Komet logo-plate options — all available from select Komet dealers around the world.
Craft your signature tone and customize your Komet with your own look to boot.